May 26, 2021
- 2021 Korea Fintech Week
- The 3rd Korea Fintech Week will be held virtually as well as off-line from May 26 to 28. The three-day event will feature off-line sessions including an opening ceremony, IR meetings and idea contests, and online exhibitions. The off-line events will be live streaming via www.fintechweek.or.kr/2021. (Offline Sessions) Off-line sessions will start with an opening ceremony at 10 am on May 26, providing opportunities for fintech businesses to share fintech trends at home and abroad, showcase innovative fintech services and attract investments. In his welcoming remarks, FSC Chairman Eun Sung-soo introduces Koreas progress in fintech policy and future plans. Regulatory reforms enabled new data business such as MyData and the rollout of 82 innovative financial services for two years via the financial regulatory sandbox. The government will continue its efforts to boost fintech growth and digital innovation in finance by allowing fitech startups to operate D-testbed and easing regulations on financial institutions to facilitate their investment in fintech businesses. Chairman Eun emphasizes that financial stability is as important as innovation and pledged to enable more people to share the outcomes of financial innovation more safely. The opening ceremony also features congratulatory remarks by Yoon Kwan-seok, Chairman of the National Policy Committee and Zhou Liang, Vice Chairman of China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission; and keynote speeches by Michael Danagher, Canadian Ambassador to Korea and James Kim, Chairman CEO of AMCHAM Korea. (Online Sessions) Online events and exhibitions will be available from 10 am on May 26 at www.fintechweek.or.kr/2021. The online expo offers virtual booths, virtual one-on-one meetings between fintechs and investors, and online job fair, etc. (Special Session on Green Finance) This years Fintech Week features a special session on green finance both online and offline to promote the 2021 P4G Seoul Summit scheduled for May 30-31.
Mar 24, 2021
- Application Opens for Participating Businesses to the 2021 Korea Fintech Week
- The FSC announced that the application for the 3rd Korea Fintech Week will be open from March 24 to April 7 for prospective businesses wishing to showcase their innovative fintech services. The 2021 Korea Fintech Week is scheduled to be held from May 26 to 28 under the theme of fintech and sustainable financial innovation. The offline to online (O2O) international fintech expo will provide diverse promotional, vocational, educational and networking programs and opportunities that will help raise awareness on fintechs and accelerate financial innovation. The event will feature five online exhibition halls and two online job fair halls. More than one hundred fintech firms will be given opportunities to present their services in five virtual exhibition hallsthe fintech start-up hall, fintech scale-up hall, fintech supporter hall, financial enterprise hall and global enterprise hall. The online job fair halls will be hosted by some forty business entities and include both financial companies and fintechs. While there are no participation fees, participating businesses need to prepare their own digital promotional materials. Application will be accepted from 9:00 am Wednesday, March 24 until 6:00 pm Wednesday, April 7. Prospective participants should download the application form from www.fintech.or.kr and submit their applications along with supporting materials via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The selection results will be announced on Friday, April 16 at www.fintech.or.kr. * Please refer to the attached PDF for details.
Feb 15, 2021
- 3rd Korea Fintech Week to be Held in May
- The FSC announced its plans to hold the 2021 Korea Fintech Week from May 26 to 28 under the theme of fintech and sustainable financial innovation. The third annual global fintech expo will kick off its first day at Conrad Seoul with live streaming of onsite activities available online and then move on to exclusively virtual events for the second and third days. The offline to online (O2O) availability of diverse promotional, vocational, educational and networking programs and opportunities will help boost awareness on fintechs and accelerate financial innovation. Key Features (User Experience) More dynamic and engaging programs will be prepared for online visitors with real-time QAs and communication made possible. (Job Fair) Fintech job talks will be held to offer real-time QA opportunities to fintech job seekers. (Investment) More fundraising opportunities will be available for fintechs through IR and venture capital consulting programs. (Education) Online educational programs will be offered with certificates Registration Schedule Preliminary application for participating firms will be open from the third week of March and pre-registration will be available from the first week of May from the Korea Fintech Week website (www.fintechweek.or.kr/2021). Viewing is free for students and the general public. In November this year, the FSC plans to hold an additional global fintech expo offline if the coronavirus conditions are permissible. For more information, please contact the Fintech Center Korea via email at email@example.com or by phone at +82.2.6375.1541. * Please refer to the attached PDF for details.
Jul 02, 2020
- 2020 Online Korea Fintech Week to be Available until the End of Year
- The 2020 Online Korea Fintech Week which began on May 28 has attracted more than 170,000 visitors and 110 million page views during the one month period. A total of 150 virtual exhibition halls are available hosted by financial companies and fintechs.In online job fair events, 35 companies have participated, and more than a thousand job seekers applied for about 80 positions at 21 fintech firms.The Korea Growth Investment Corporation has successfully linked investors with fintechs and provided one-on-one meeting opportunities as well. As a result, about KRW52.9 billion in venture capital investment has been successfully provided to six fintech firms.The 2020 Online Korea Fintech Week will run until the end of this year at www.fintechweek.or.kr/2020.* Please refer to the attached PDF for details.
May 27, 2020
- 2020 Online Korea Fintech Week
- The 2nd Korea Fintech Week will be held virtually starting at 10 am on May 28. It is organized into five sessions, and the virtual exhibitions are open to everyone for viewing at free of charge via www.fintechweek.or.kr/2020. SCHEDULE(OPENING SESSION) Welcoming remarks by FSC Chairman Eun Sung-soo and congratulatory remarks by key dignitaries including Lord Mayor of the City of London William Russell and Standard Chartered CEO Bill Winters(SPECIAL SESSIONS) Presentations and seminars on ‘open innovation,’ showcasing major policy and industry trends at home and abroad► FSC: Fintech in Korea and digital transformation strategy in financial sectors► KFTC: Open banking in Korea► FSI: Financial data security in the 4th industrial revolution► VISA-Fintech Center Korea: Sharing successful collaboration lessons between global financial company and fintech► MAS: Future of fintech in post-COVID-19 era► Stone Chalk: Fintech trends in Australia► World Bank: Digital finance for crisis response and economic development – Role of the WB► KPMG: Korean fintech industry in 2020 policy trends► KOSCOM: Financial cloud computing and compliance in financial services► FSI: Security evaluation trends of cloud service providers in financial sectors► Regtech suptech showcases(VIRTUAL EXHIBITION HALLS) The six virtual exhibition halls are organized into a fintech ecosystem hall, a financial enterprise hall, a fintech start-up hall, a fintech scale-up hall, a big tech hall and a global enterprise hall, participated by about 150 entitiesTo help attract investment for the K-Growth fund, a major source of fintech investment operated by the Korea Growth Investment Corporation, a shortcut to fintech investors’ relations will be placed on top of the main page.(ONLINE JOB FAIR) HR managers from 35 financial companies and fintech firms will provide information about job openings, nature of work and qualities they look for in new hires. About a dozen companies have plans t
May 11, 2020
- 2020 Online Korea Fintech Week to Start May 28
- The FSC will hold the 2020 Online Korea Fintech Week from May 28. With the theme of “Fintech for Open Innovation,” this year’s virtual expo will feature special information sessions, virtual exhibitions and an online job fair.The following is a schedule of the virtual expo.(OPENING SESSION) Welcoming remarks, congratulatory remarks by key dignitaries(SPECIAL SESSIONS) Key information sessions and seminars about open innovation, industry trends in domestic and foreign marketsa) FSC: Digital finance innovation in Koreab) FSS: Showcasing regtech and suptech firmsc) KPMG: Korean fintech industry in 2020 policy trendsd) World Bank: Digital finance for crisis response and economic development – Role of the WBe) VISA-Fintech Center Korea: Sharing a successful collaboration lesson between a global financial company and a fintechf) KFTC: Open banking – achievements and futureg) FSI: Financial data security in the era of 4th industrial revolutionh) KOSCOM: Financial cloud computing and compliance in financial services(ONLINE JOB FAIR) Co-hosted by the Fintech Center Korea and Korea Internet Security Agency and participated by 34 hiring institutions looking for 40 new hires(VIRTUAL EXHIBITIONS) The six virtual exhibition halls will be organized into a fintech ecosystem hall, a financial enterprise hall, a fintech start-up hall, a fintech scale-up hall, a big tech hall and a global enterprise hall, participated by about 150 firms(CYBER VOICE PHISHING PREVENTION HALL) Introduce voice phishing prevention app and the relevant technology and provide education on how to detect voice phishingFor further information, please contact the Fintech Center Korea via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +82-70-4150-4490 and +82-70-8873-9006.* Please refer to the attached PDF for details.
Apr 13, 2020
- Application Opens for Participating Businesses to 2020 Korea Fintech Week
- The application for the 2020 Korea Fintech Week is open from April 13 to 24 for prospective participants wishing to showcase their fintech products and innovative services via virtual exhibition halls.The FSC has decided to hold the 2020 Korea Fintech Week as a virtual expo from May 28 due to public health concerns amid the COVID-19 crisis. Under the theme of “Fintech for Open Innovation,” the virtual expo will feature online seminars for information sharing on the latest trends of the fintech industry as well as the five virtual exhibition halls for about 150 fintech and other related services.The five virtual exhibition halls will be organized into a fintech start-up hall, a fintech scale-up hall, a big tech hall, a financial enterprise hall and a global enterprise hall.While there are no participation fees, participating companies need to prepare their own digital promotional materials.Application will be accepted from Monday, April 13 until Friday 6:00 pm, April 24. Prospective participants should download the application form from www.fintechcenter.or.kr and submit their applications along with supporting materials via email at email@example.com.The results of the application will be announced on Friday, May 1 for the fintech start-up hall and on Friday, May 8 for all other exhibition halls.The government plans to provide active support to fintech firms with their overseas business opportunities by inviting financial authorities from other countries and embassy officials to the virtual expo.* Please refer to the attached PDF for details.
Apr 02, 2020
- 2020 Korea Fintech Week to be Held as Virtual Expo
- The FSC announced on April 1 that the 2020 Korea Fintech Week originally scheduled to be held at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) in Seoul from May 28 to 30 will be held as a virtual expo due to public health concerns amid the spread of COVID-19.As such, Korea’s second international fintech exposition will be held virtually under the theme of “Fintech for Open Innovation,” with virtual exhibitions displaying innovative fintech services for online visitors, while canceling the on-site exhibitions and events at DDP. The virtual exhibitions will feature videos and digital contents developed by fintech firms and financial companies.The virtual exhibitions (www.fintechweek.or.kr/2020) will be open for public viewing from Thursday, May 28, 2020.Fintech firms and financial companies wishing to participate in the 2020 Virtual Korea Fintech Week can apply online by visiting www.fintechcenter.or.kr.The government plans to actively promote Korea’s fintech firms abroad and assist them with overseas business opportunities by inviting financial authorities from other countries to the virtual exhibitions.For further information, please contact the Fintech Center Korea via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +82-70-4150-4490 or +82-70-8873-9006.* Please refer to the attached PDF for details.
Jan 15, 2020
- FSC to Hold 2020 Korea Fintech Week
- The Financial Services Commission will hold the 2020 Korea Fintech Week from May 28 to 30, 2020 at Dongdaemoon Design Plaza (DDP), Seoul to promote fintech and innovation in the financial industry. BACKGROUND The FSC hosted Koreas first global fintech expo in 2019, providing opportunities for networking and information sharing on the latest trends in fintech. The three-day event was attended by more than 10,000 people. Connecting fintech firms with both domestic and foreign investors, the 2019 Korea Fintech Week attracted about KRW30 billion worth of investment in fintech businesses. 2020 KOREA FINTECH WEEK This years Korea Fintech Week is aimed at supporting fintech scale-ups. It will be held under the theme of Fintech for Open Innovation. Centered on the governments policy to support fintech firms to scale up,1 the three-day expo will feature programs, such as seminars, special sessions, educational programs, idea contest exhibition, etc. REGISTRATION SCHEDULE Preliminary application for participation in the 2020 Korea Fintech Week will be available starting from the second week of April through www.fintechweek.or.kr/2020. For further information, please contact the Fintech Center Korea via email email@example.com or by phone +82-70-8873-9005, 9006. * Please refer to the attached PDF for details.
May 23, 2019
- FSC Holds Korea Fintech Week 2019
- Korea Fintech Week 2019 is held from May 23 to 25 at Dongdaemoon Design Plaza (DDP), Seoul. The three-day event is the first global fintech gathering hosted by the FSC and the FSS to draw public attention to fintech innovation and provide fintech start-ups and entrepreneurs with business opportunities home and abroad.The event will provide fintech firms opportunities to present their innovative services to domestic and global investor for attracting investment for scale-up and pioneering into overseas markets.Separate seminars will be held to discuss regulatory developments and fintech innovation across the world, while 52 booths are set up to offer participants firsthand experience of innovative fintech services. Korea Fintech Week 2019 will be featured with other various events such as job fair and financial education programs.Highlights from Chairman’s Keynote SpeechIn his keynote speech at the opening session, FSC Chairman Choi Jongku shed light on challenges and opportunities that fintech has brought to the financial sector.Albeit its late start in global competition for fintech leadership, Korea’s fintech has been growing fast. Korea is well positioned to become a fintech leader with its advanced ICT infrastructure, trend-savvy consumers and the government’s support for financial innovation. Since the FSC announced its fintech policy roadmap last year, progress has been made in paving a way for promoting fintech and financial innovation. New legislations for online-only banks and financial regulatory sandbox were enacted. New policy initiatives for open banking system and financial big data are in the making.Chairman Choi outlined the government’s plan to promote fintech and financial innovation as follows:▪ Support for fintech start-upsThe FSC will provide fintech start-ups with comprehensive support throughout their growth cycle - entrance, scale-up and expansion. Since the financial regulatory sandbox was launched in April this year, 26 firms have